Friday, June 18, 2010

Let's Hear It for New York (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made)

It's been a crazy month thus far. Alaska left June 3 for six days in Chicago, a day and a half after he got back I left for four days in Arkansas, thirty minutes before I landed at Newark he flew to Argentina out of JFK. Meanwhile I woke up at 5 AM today to fly to Atlanta for the League of American Orchestras annual conference—landed in 'Hot' town at 9:30 this morning, launched a long-time work project, and caught a 6:40 PM flight back to New York tonight.

It's not often that my flights come in over Manhattan but when they do, my oh my what a view. The kid from the Bronx seated next to me said he'd been out of town for a month and couldn't wait to get back home. We just stared and took it all in. Alaska's flight arrives from Buenos Aires at 6:05 AM tomorrow and I hope he gets the grand welcome that we did.

New York City at night from above


Let's hear it for New York with "Empire State of Mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment